TVET Sector Support Programme (TSSP) in Pakistan
A Competency based training program was conducted in Islamabad for TVET sector Chief Master Trainers and Lead Assessors from all over Pakistan on City & Guilds qualification of specialized Diploma in Teaching, Training and Assessing learning under the TSSP project by the GIZ. The said training was implemented through 3 phases facilitated by two experts from the Assessment College of South Africa. The materials of the training program were developed by City and Guilds in coordination with GIZ the implementing partner of NAVTTC to align Pakistan’s National Vocational Qualification Framework (NVQF) guidelines. The services provided by the staff within the assignment includes:
- Conduct a training needs analysis as per specified training requirements; propose the key identifiable competency standards most appropriate to meet the identified training demand.
- Adapt a needs orientated approach to providing flexible coaching support to facilitate assessment activities throughout the training programme.
- Develop a training and delivery proposal incorporating a blended learning approach.
- Design lessons plans, teaching and learning material in accordance to the agreed delivery plan and training packages requirements.
- Provide, design and deliver the training according to the contextual considerations of Pakistan and in accordance with specific framework requirements for certification.
- Deliver, monitor and evaluate the CBT&amp;A training programme as per agreed training plan developed.
- Facilitate innovative support strategies to enhance capacity development of training candidates.
- Provide a needs orientated approach to candidates as per the agreed blended methodology.
- Provide coaching support for scheduled summative assessment and RPL assessment activities, ensuring assessment methodologies are conducted in coordination with the counterparts and workplace.
- Conduct a practical assessment per participant as per the specific framework requirements within practical working environment (Potentially 5 practical assessments required).
- Provide de-briefing support to participants, facilitate bilateral post assessment feedback sessions for all assessed participants and identify if any further assessment evidence maybe required.
- Facilitate follow up measures and provide opportunity for unsuccessful participants to present further assessment evidence if applicable.
- Issue and distribute successfully assessed and deemed competent candidates with an internationally recognised Certification as per the Training Organization practices and processes.
- Provide follow up support post training delivery and assessment as per agreed between training provider and the TSSP.